Shareholder, corporate, JV and M&A disputes
Petro TyufekchievSenior Associate
In the field of corporate disputes, building on the knowledge acquired in venture and seed fund-raising and investing, M&A and general business law, we seek the best outcome for clients.
Our experts advise on potential and actual claims from private M&A and joint ventures on issues connected to breaches of SPAs, SHAs, JVAs and other agreements.
We also advise on the rights of shareholders (whether in the minority or otherwise), directors and other members of the corporate governance structures, bond holders and others which may exist as a matter of general law.
- Come from a highly diverse base and are overwhelmingly international, as are our clients
- We have acted for investors, think-tanks, NGOs and government bodies alike
- Disputes clients from 42 jurisdictions
Our Dispute Resolution Practice
- Over 80% success rate
- We are not afraid to step in when the factual matrices or legal background are challenging
- We are client-focussed, resourceful and pragmatic
- We constantly stretch ourselves and interact with leading professionals in the legal area in Bulgaria and abroad: we attend and organise events and virtual presentations; have co-hosted conferences on dispute resolution with
international partners and have a high impact rating in global professional publications on dispute resolution (e.g. on the topic of disputes in Bulgaria on lexology.com, a repository)
As part of our practice, NBLO:
- Advised the founders of a software business on their dispute with an outside venture capital investor;
- Advised the minority shareholder of a leisure centre on the dispute with the majority shareholder;
- Has advised on multiple corporate insolvencies and the variety of claims that arise in their context.