Reputation Management, Sports & Entertainment
New Balkans Law Office’s sports practice draws on a number of strengths of the firm – in employment, private client, immigration, commercial, disputes and tax law – among others and is multi-disciplinary and multinational in approach.
We advise sports people, clubs and sporting associations and agents among others and have assisted clients in the contexts of football, basketball and athletics among others.
While there is always a Bulgarian connection to our work, we have represented both Bulgarian clubs/players in their domestic and international activities, and international agents, sports people or clubs who have been involved in Bulgarian sports.
Our team members are passionate about sport and the areas connected to the practice.
Examples of our work include:
- Advising an international footballer on a employment/contractual dispute with a Bulgarian club
- Advising Bulgarian clubs on transfer and loan rights under agreements
- Advising dual-national players and their prospective clubs on their status and entitlement to come within EU player quotas
- Assisting a number of well-known footballers with their Bulgarian investments
- Drafting and advising on sponsorship and merchandising agreements
- Representing athletes and clubs in disputes and disciplinary hearings concerning doping, discrimination and contract termination, including arbitration proceedings
- Assisting a football club with the legal aspects of online promotion and marketing arrangements
- Sports betting – comprehensive advice to an online sports betting business on establishing operations in Bulgaria
- Advising clubs and players on sports injuries suffered in Bulgaria and overseas
- Reputation protection