Private equity from inward investing funds is seen as one of the main sources of corporate finance in Bulgaria, as alternatives remain limited: capital markets are developing but liquidity levels are still low; local capital available for investment is not always abundant or well-guided; and corporate debt markets are undiversified.
Since NBLO’s founding in 2005, we have acted for private investors, international think-tanks, multi-national venture capitalists and government bodies.
Our work includes the structuring of region-wide and international transactions which frequently makes use of Bulgaria’s advantageous corporate and tax infrastructure. We advise both investors new to Bulgaria and those with previous experience on private equity matters, including:
- Fund Formation
- GP/LP Advisory
- Financial Services
- Regulation and Compliance
- Tax Structuring
- Secondary and Secondary-Direct Transactions
- Fund Manager / Management Buyouts (MBOs)
- Fund Administration and Corporate Services
- M&A (Due Diligence; Buyouts; Minority Stakes; LBOs, MBOs, MBIs, Take – Privates)
- Intellectual Property
- Portfolio Monitoring
- Dispute Resolution & Mediation
- Exit Strategies