Range of employment law advice to individuals employed in Bulgaria
NBLO’s employment team advises on:
- dismissals – including the compliance of these with domestic legislation;
- compliance with national and international legislation and standards;
- labour discipline, misconduct and discrimination issues;
- individual and collective dismissals and severance agreements;
- employee share/stock ownership and bonus plans;
- employee pension schemes;
- social security contributions;
- health and safety working conditions, workplace accidents and compliance;
- visas and work permits for expatriates;
- employee non-competition and confidentiality commitments; and
- employment contracts and internal rules.
Often employment issues are so complex they require expertise in other areas, such as corporate law during a restructuring. Expertise in Intellectual Property is necessary if employees are responsible for technological innovations, and in-depth knowledge of tax law is crucial when dealing with senior management contracts and packages. If a company is considering hiring expatriates, a base in immigration law is an asset. New Balkans Law Office understands how interconnected these areas can be, therefore our employment law team works closely with our other specialists.