EU Citizenship by Investment and Residence by Investment in Bulgaria10th January 2021
You may also wish to visit our dedicated microsite where you can find out more about the process and associated steps, and see answers to FAQs at: citizenshipinsight.com. Please also explore further CBI/RBI articles on this website.
Bulgaria is one of several EU member states which offers a citizenship by investment (CBI) and a residence by investment (RBI) programmes.
To qualify for citizenship on the Fast Track, you need to:
- Invest approx €1,000,000 (approx €500,000 on the Standard Track)
- Invest in bonds issued in euros or one of another three investment classes
- Travel to Bulgaria up to three times over the ~2-year application period
You do not need to:
- Make Bulgaria your residence (though you could)
- Learn to speak the national language
- Meet other requirements which may apply in other EU CBI/RBI countries
Once a Bulgarian and therefore an EU citizen, you benefit from:
- Visa-free travel to an estimated 169 countries
- Freedom of movement rights within the EU and its 28 members, the EEA, and Switzerland
- A range of economic and social rights
- Your husband/wife can apply for citizenship, too. Your children and any child of your children in perpetuity can also apply at any time in the future – each of them without further investment.
Please review the information below – or call us on: +359 2 950 6239 or +44 20 7183 0262 for more information, to request advice or to apply. We are available Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 16:00 UTC/GMT and by e-mail [email protected] within 24 hours at all times.
Our experience and advantages: why NBLO?
- NBLO can advise if your investment is eligible (government bonds always are – but other investments are possible), help with documentation, liaise with government bodies, and assist at each step.
- We are a law firm with a wealth of experience in nationality law and private clients generally. We deal with applications for citizenship both involving investment and not.
- To date, we have a 100% success rate in our citizenship by investment work.